Monday, September 27, 2021

The Month of Long Shadows

It's that time of year again, kiddies. The time of year when the air gets a little cooler. The shadows get a little longer. The sun goes to bed earlier and gets up later, giving the moon free rein to the night sky and leaving all the wee beasties that worship her to cavort across the darkened landscape undisturbed.

Not only is it the Season of the Witch, it is also the Season of the Blog. It's the time of year when I think it's a great idea to knock out 400-600 words a day until I have thirty-one blog entries about all things Halloween.

Halloween 2020 was such a blast, I thought I'd try it again this October. Last year, I configured a weekly schedule so that every day of the week had its own theme - Mondays were all about music, for instance, and Saturdays brought a spooky short story. 

This year, I've fallen a little behind in my planning and scheduling. I was honestly getting nervous and unsure if I was going to be able to throw something togther for Halloween 2021. Luckily, the good people behind Los Angeles's freakiest film group, Cinematic Void, did the work for me. Behold -- the Voidoween Movie Challenge!

I'll be following the Void's prompts (more or less) throughout the month of October. I'll be tweaking it here and there so I can write about things other than movies. I'll include entries on spooky music, novels, and audio drama. Like last year, I'll keep my entires short, sweet, and to the point. Think of them as daily campfire tales...and those aren't very scary...right?


If you are on Twitter, be sure to look for the #voidoween and #cinematicvoid hastags. As a matter of fact, why don't you join in on the fun? Share your daily movie choices and use the hashtags so everyone can see what you're up to.

See you on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know!