Sunday, June 20, 2021

We interrupt this blog to bring you a special news bulletin!


We've got more Wings coming up (stay tuned for Season Two), as well as entries on "Leiningen Versus the Ants" and Tucker's Witch, but first, this special announcement: LARPing Real Life has made the jump to other blogs!


If you like your film discussions to have the piquant flavor of academia, then may I suggest you head on over to Horror Homeroom and read my essay on Ari Aster's Midsommar? Fans of LARPing Real Life (you know who you are!) may recognize it from a previous entry, but I assure you that the version on Horror Homeroom is tighter, more focused, and generally more high-falutin'. I had a blast getting it in shape, and I hope to do more "academic" writing in the future.


Prefer your horror movie writing to be more visceral? Well, I think I got something for ya. The folks at Kindertrauma were kind enough to let me talk about my "Five Favorite Things" about George A. Romero's adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Half. I had a lot of fun talking up one of my favorite Romero films.

I am hoping to branch out more and write for other platforms. I have a few ideas brewing. As they get published, I will be sure to keep yinz in the loop.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know!